This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Grilling season has finally arrived! And this zingy potato salad is sure to make you the talk of the town; or at least the backyard barbecue. If you’re looking for something a little different to bring to the block party this summer, here you go. The subtle flavor of the horseradish is sure to tantalize everyone’s taste buds–even those horseradish haters!
And chances are good if you’re a horseradish lover like myself, you might already have all the necessary ingredients to whip this bad boy up. Be sure to note that in this recipe I used a horseradish sauce which means the horseradish is cut with mayo or cream (I like Silver Springs brand best). So the flavor is much more mellow compared to that of a prepared horseradish, which is just straight horseradish.
Instead of parsley you can also garnish with green onions, chives or better yet, crumbled bacon!!!
This zingy potato salad is sure to make you the talk of the town; or at least the backyard barbecue. It’s a little twist on an old classic!
- 3 lbs. potatoes (diced)
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- splash of heavy cream
- 4 hard boiled eggs (diced)
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and a large pinch of salt to the boiling water. Boil for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender but still have just the slightest bite to them.
- Strain potatoes and rinse with cold water. Place into a serving bowl and put them in the fridge to cool for about 20 minutes.
- While the taters are cooling, in a small bowl combine mayo, sour cream, horseradish, vinegar, cream, hard boiled eggs, a large pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Pour dressing over the potatoes and stir until potatoes are well coated. Garnish with parsley and serve!
If you are not planning to serve the potato salad the same day, you may need to add another splash of cream or milk to the potato salad just to loosen it up again.
Keywords: easy, simple, recipe, potato, summer, barbecue