I’m going to keep this short and sweet because it’s Saturday and I want to spend it outside with my family and not inside on my laptop. But I really want to share this breakfast pizza with you because it’d be perfect for Sunday morning breakfast.
Do you remember my Beer Braised Pork Carnitas from last week? We didn’t quite finish it all so I showcased those tender, juicy, crispy leftovers in this meal. I’ve been trying really hard not to let any food go to waste, especially when it tastes as amazing as this pork.
The fried egg on this pizza really makes it for me.
But don’t take my word for it. Get going and make this pizza for your family tomorrow! Or tonight!Print
This breakfast pizza is loaded with veggies and BBQ pork carnitas then topped with a fried egg and fresh made pico de gallo.
- 2 lavash breads (or your favorite kind of pizza crust) (about 8 inches across)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce ((I like Annie’s Chipotle BBQ))
- 1 cup Chihuahua shredded cheese (or any other melty shredded cheese)
- 1 cup of my Beer Braised Pork Carnitas (or your favorite pulled pork)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced poblano pepper
- 1/2 of a jalapeno (ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- garnish with my Easy Pico de Gallo
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place crusts on a foil lined baking sheet. Divide BBQ sauce evenly between the two crusts, leaving about a half inch of crust around the edge. Next divide the Chihuahua evenly between both pizzas, sprinkling it in an even layer. Then divide the pork, onion, and peppers between both pizzas. Bake pizza for about 10 minutes.
- While the pizza is baking, fry up those eggs! Add olive oil to a large saute pan over medium low heat. Allow the pan to heat for a couple minutes. Carefully crack eggs into the pan and sprinkle them each with salt and pepper. If the oil starts to sputter and spit, turn the heat down. You want to cook the eggs low and slow. Cook until the egg whites are set, but the yolks are still runny.
- Place fried eggs onto the center of each pizza. Garnish with my easy pico de gallo and enjoy!
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, pizza, flatbread, eggs, healthy, easy, simple, recipe