These roasted garbanzo beans are loaded with Mediterranean inspired flavors of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh herbs, feta cheese and lemon juice and they can be prepped and in the oven in 5 minutes. It's a delicious appetizer, a quick and easy lunch, or a delicious dinner paired with a green salad and a glass of red wine!
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small baking dish combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chickpeas, garlic, thyme, and a couple large pinches of salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil or a tight fitting lid and braise for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Crumble feta over chickpeas and add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
chickpeas become even more soft and tender inside so you can smash them into the bread and dip it into the braising oil and vinegar liquid for a delicious bite every single time. Serve alongside a green salad and a full bodied red wine for a delicious meal!with a loaf of crusty sliced bread. The braising process helps the
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: braised, garbanzo beans, Greek