You can have this sweet and savory brie and blackberry flatbread on the table in less than 30 minutes! Topped with fig jam, creamy brie, fresh blackberries and chopped pistachios, this flatbread pizza will have your guests asking for seconds and the recipe!
- 1 recipe of my super easy flatbread pizza dough
- 1.25 cups fig jam
- 8 oz. brie, sliced into wedges
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 3–4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup microgreens for garnish
- Start by making my super easy flatbread dough. It comes together in the food processor in less than 5 minutes and takes only 60 seconds of kneading.
- Heat oven 550 degrees.
- Dust 2 baking sheets with cornmeal and place rolled out flatbreads onto the baking sheets.
- Poke the surface of each crust all over with a fork.
- Par-bake crusts for about 10 minutes or until they are getting golden brown.
- Divide fig jam evenly between the two crusts, spreading it in a thin layer.
- Divide brie wedges evenly between the two crusts.
- Divide blackberries evenly between the two crusts.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until the brie is melted and the crust is dark golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven divide pistachios evenly between the two crusts.
- Drizzle flatbreads with honey and garnish with microgreens. Slice and enjoy!
Par-baking is an important step. Partially baking the crust is going to give your flatbread a crispier texture and ensure that it does not become soggy. Soggy flatbread or pizza is basically my own personal nightmare and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
Don’t go crazy with the toppings. This crust is thin which means it’s not going so stand up to a mountain of cheese. Keep the toppings simple and flavorful! Try cheeses with lots of flavor (think: Gorgonzola, smoked mozzarella or goat cheese) so that you don’t have to use quite as much.
Try something new. Flatbreads are a great place to experiment and try new flavors together. Fruit, cheese and nuts go together well so feel free to switch up the combination. Check out my list below to see all my favorites!
- Category: Main Dish/Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American/Italian
Keywords: cheese flatbread, flatbread pizza, flatbread toppings, vegetarian flatbread