- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup your favorite salsa (try a roasted tomato salsa!)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons diced chiles in adobo (optional)
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 8 tostada shells
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- pico de gallo
- sliced jalapeno
- fresh cilantro
- Put chicken breast, beans, salsa, cumin, chili powder, garlic, diced chiles (if using) and a large pinch of Kosher salt and pepper into a medium sized crock pot. Stir to combine so that everything is coated in salsa and spices.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Use two forks to shred chicken right in the crock pot.
- Heat tostada shells according to package directions.
- Divide shredded chicken evenly between tostada shells. Then top with cotija cheese and pico de gallo along with other desired toppings.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Keywords: chicken tostadas, slow cooker tostadas, crock pot chicken, crock pot tostadas, slow cooker tacos