This vegan coleslaw takes just 10 minutes to prep and has only 10 ingredients. It goes perfectly with Baked Curry Fish Tacos for a unique twist on Taco Tuesday!
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- juice of 2 limes
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- large pinch of Kosher salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Thai cashews
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add dressing ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat everything evenly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and Thai cashews if desired.
Chop your own fresh cabbage. If you’re in a time crunch you could buy the bagged stuff. But buying a head of cabbage is WAY less expensive and then you know just how fresh it really is! Keep in mind that you will have some leftover cabbage as this recipe only uses 4 cups total. But that’s a great excuse to make vegan tacos, veggie lo mein or spring rolls!
Use full fat coconut milk. There are not a lot of ingredients in this dish, so the fat from the coconut milk is going to add TONS of flavor.
Make it a day ahead of time if possible. This coleslaw is best enjoyed after it’s had a little time to sit and marinate. If you can make it at least 24 hours before you plan to eat it, that is preferred. But it’s delicious on the same day too, so don’t sweat it too much if you aren’t in prep mode the day before.
If you are enjoying this salad at a later date, be sure to thoroughly toss it before serving. All that delicious dressing is going to sink to the bottom of the bowl, so you’ll want to toss the veggies in it again and distribute that flavor.
- Category: Salad - Side Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American/Thai
Keywords: Thai coleslaw, curry slaw, Thai slaw, curry colelsaw