This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Get ready to add these Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas to your regular dinner rotation! These easy enchiladas are warm and comforting, super satisfying, and unbelievably easy to put together. The bold flavors and homemade enchilada sauce make this meal feel extra special, but it’s so simple you can get it on the table in record time!
You'll Love This
- This is an easy enchilada recipe that comes together quickly! You’re just mixing the cheesy chicken filling, rolling tortillas, and baking long enough to get them hot and melty. You can have dinner ready in 30 minutes or less!
- They are budget-friendly! The shopping list for these chicken black bean enchiladas is short and sweet because they're loaded with simple ingredients. When you need a filling, healthy dinner on a dime, these enchiladas have your back.
- It’s a meal the whole family will love! Everyone loves the comforting flavors of chicken enchiladas topped with ooey goey melted cheese! And the shredded chicken keeps these light enough that you won’t feel weighed down after dinner.
Spread ½ a cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Fill each tortilla with about ½ a cup of filling, rolling it away from you to seal the filling inside. Place enchilada seam side down in the pan.
Pour remaining 1 cup of enchilada sauce over the enchiladas.
Top with remaining cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
Garnish with cilantro, green onion, guacamole, and queso fresco and enjoy!
- You could use a 15 oz. can of enchilada sauce in place of the 2 cups of homemade enchilada sauce. My homemade enchilada sauce recipe yields about 24 oz. (3 cups) of sauce, so you'll have enough to make a batch of cheesy enchiladas now and freeze some for later!
- Use leftover rotisserie chicken! Grabbing a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is a great way to save you prep time in the kitchen. If you don't have time to make my quick and easy Mexican shredded chicken, use leftover shredded rotisserie chicken for these chicken enchiladas and you can have them ready to go in no time!
- Switch up the filling with whatever you want! These homemade chicken enchiladas are super versatile, so feel free to fill them with your favorite meat and beans (or with whatever leftovers you need to get out of the fridge or pantry). You can also add other veggies, or make them completely vegetarian by adding more beans or corn in place of the chicken.
Family Favorite Dinners
- Easy Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce
- One Pan Vegetarian Skillet Enchiladas
- Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
- Creamy Vegan Lentil Tortilla Soup
- Easy Black Bean Enchiladas