This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The traditional Greek salad gets a unique twist with the addition of ripe avocado and a lemony citrus vinaigrette! Green lentils will add bulk to your fresh cucumber and tomato along with garbanzo beans and crumbled feta cheese!
How to make this recipe:
Start by topping your bed of lettuce with lentils, cucumber, avocado, tomato, chickpeas, feta and red onion.
In a small mason jar combine olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon, oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper. Shake until emulsified.
Drizzle dressing over salad just before eating and enjoy!
Tips for making this salad:
- Use fresh, local ingredients whenever possible! Fresh = flavor!! And trust me, I know it's hard to find locally grown product all year round (I live in Wisconsin!) but take advantage of fresh produce when it's in season and enjoy all your favorite tasty salads!
- Use this salad as a blueprint and clean out your fridge! This recipe is a great blue print to use up ingredients you’ve already got! Any fresh veggies or even canned white beans would taste great in this salad.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled and transformed into a side dish! This recipe is written for one, but you can use the scale button on the recipe card to easily create the perfect side dish for your next backyard barbecue!
Other meal prep salad favorites you'll love:
- Strawberry & Goat Cheese Salad
- Apple, Pecan, Gorgonzola Salad
- Salmon Caesar Salad
- Kale Caesar Pasta Salad
- Vegan Asian Noodle Salad