This harvest vegetarian pizza combines my favorite no knead pizza dough with roasted squash cream sauce and sliced leeks, topped with creamy burrata and fresh arugula tossed in a grilled lemon vinaigrette.
As if that wasn’t tasty enough, it’s garnished with pomegranate seeds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
Simple, seasonal ingredients shine in this mouthwateringly delicious, easy weeknight dinner!
What is a Fall Harvest pizza?
It’s a delicious crispy pizza crust loaded with all your favorite Fall veggies. Here in Wisconsin that means butternut squash, arugula, leeks and pomegranate seeds.
I know what you’re thinking…do I ever make anything and NOT put pomegranate seeds on it??!! No. The answer is no. No way, in fact. This time of year I find every excuse I can to add pomegranate seeds to everything I eat.
They give this pizza the perfect burst of fruitiness to compliment the lemon and arugula. They also balance out the richness of the squash cream sauce and heavenly burrata cheese.
How do I make Fall veggie pizza?
My no knead pizza dough (or your favorite store bought dough) makes this dinner super easy to get on the table during a busy weeknight.
You’ll top your favorite dough with Roasted Squash Cream Sauce for an unexpected base that balances out the fresh flavors of arugula tossed in a grilled lemon vinaigrette. You’ll top that with crunchy pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and walnuts to add a bit more texture.
Creamy burrata cheese (added after you bake!) is the perfect way to finish off this decedent pizza!
What if I can’t find arugula?
Luckily arugula is pretty easy to find at your neighborhood grocery store, but if you can’t locate it any dark leafy green would work – kale or Swiss chard would be great options too!
But seriously don’t even get me started on arugula!!!! This peppery green is easily one of my most favorite ways to add freshness to any rich dish.
How do I make grilled lemon vinaigrette?
Before I threw the arugula on to this pizza I tossed it in a simple grilled lemon vinaigrette. And let me tell you, if you’re not grilling your lemons when you make dressing, you’re not living your best life!
Grilling any kind of citrus elevates the flavors, giving them so much more dimension and making them a lot tastier. You don’t need a grill either!
Just coat a pan with some oil, salt the peppers and saute them cut side down for a few minutes until they get a nice golden brown char.
Then juice as you normally would and combine lemon juice with olive oil and simple spices.
I’m thinking these grilled lemons could bring a whole nother flavor to cocktail hour too…!Print
This fall harvest vegetarian pizza combines my favorite no knead pizza dough with roasted squash cream sauce and sliced leeks, topped with creamy burrata and fresh arugula tossed in a grilled lemon vinaigrette.
For the pizza:
- 1/2 of my favorite no knead pizza dough recipe (or your favorite store bought dough)
- 1 cup my squash cream sauce
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. burrata cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a grilled lemon (see directions in post)
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- cornmeal for dusting pizza pan
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Gently shape the dough into a disc, then carefully working in a clockwise motion, gently press and stretch the dough into a 16 inch circle. Don’t overwork the dough; the less you touch it the better.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of cornmeal down on your pizza pan to prevent the pizza from sticking and place crust on pan. Partially bake your crust for 5 minutes.
- Spread pizza with 1 cup of squash cream sauce leaving a 1 inch crust around the edges. Place leeks in a single layer across the pizza. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
- While the pizza is baking, in a small bowl combine arugula, oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat arugula evenly.
- Remove pizza from oven and spread burrata in an even layer across the pizza. Add arugula in an even layer. Then sprinkle on pomegranate seeds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Slice and enjoy!
Keywords: pizza, flatbread, appetizer, family, dinner, weeknight, meal, easy, simple, quick, seasonal, healthy, recipe