This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You can have dinner ready in 10 minutes with these super easy Greek quesadillas! Sun dried tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, mozzarella, fresh spinach, and red onion sandwiched between two crispy, whole wheat tortillas and served with classic yogurt dipping sauce!
Why you're going to love these Mediterranean Quesadillas:
- They're SO easy to make. 9 simple, wholesome ingredients is all it takes to get dinner on the table tonight!
- You can customize them with your favorite Mediterranean flavors. In this recipe, I share with you my favorite way to enjoy Mediterranean inspired quesadillas, but it's really just meant as a blueprint for you. Switch up the ingredients to fit your taste, just keep the ratios about the same and you can't go wrong!
- They're a healthy weeknight meal. My biggest struggle during the week is getting a healthy meal on the table (but not eating the same thing EVERY single night). These Greek quesadillas ensure that I can have a healthy, hearty, veggie filled meal on the table in less than 10 minutes.
- They're really family friendly. Quesadillas (also spaghetti and tacos) are one of those meals that I KNOW my toddler will eat 90% of the time. I run through the list of fillings with her and ask what she wants. Sometimes she ends up with just cheese and a tortilla and other times she happily chooses spinach (which she calls leaves), mozzarella and green olives.
How to make Greek Quesadillas:
Then add green olives, black olives, and feta cheese.
Add red onion, thinly sliced basil and another handful of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Top quesadilla with another whole wheat tortilla.
Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side or until each tortilla gets dark golden brown and crispy.
Serve with the most divine yogurt sauce everrrrrrrrr. See details below!
Why you're going to love this creamy yogurt sauce:
- It's cool, creamy and tangy! The perfect counterpart to a warm, crisp quesadilla is this tangy yogurt sauce! With just the right amount of fresh dill and lemon, you're going to want to put this sauce on everything!
- It's super simple to throw together! Chop some fresh basil, zest a lemon, then mix it with Greek yogurt, salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. In total, you can have this sauce done in less than 3 minutes!
Drizzle creamy yogurt sauce over Greek quesadillas or serve on the side if you prefer!
Tips for making the best Greek Quesadillas:
- If you're feeding a crowd, use a large pancake griddle to make these quesadillas! It's the perfect size and you can cook them all at once. If you don't have a large griddle, try assembling all the quesadillas beforehand which will make the cooking process go a little quicker!
- Add a thin layer of oil to your pan before cooking to get a nice golden brown crust all the way out to the edges. You'll still get a nice crispy quesadilla without but the extra oil is going to give it just a little more crunch, evenly distributed across the quesadilla.
- If you have picky eaters, let them assemble their own quesadillas! Maybe your daughter will end up with just cheese and black olives in her quesadilla or your husband might only want spinach and feta in his one night. Either way, if it means they're actually eating dinner - I'm all for letting them decide what they want! Feel free to adjust the ingredients to fit your family's tastes, just make sure the ratios stay about the same.
Frequently asked questions:
- Do I have to use whole wheat tortillas for this recipe?
- Not necessarily! I like to use whole wheat because I enjoy the texture of the tortilla and it seems like they keep my fuller for longer. However, if you've just got regular flour tortillas on hand, those will work just fine too!
- Can I use another kind of cheese in place of mozzarella?
- Sure can! Monterey Jack, provolone, muenster or even cheddar would be fine in this quesadilla as well! I would not recommend using FRESH mozzarella in your quesadillas though, as fresh mozzarella has lot more moisture and will make the quesadillas soggy.
- What's the best pan to make quesadillas in?
- My absolute FAVORITE pan for pretty much all my recipes, but especially quesadillas in this Amazon Basics Enameled Cast Iron Casserole Pan. It's literally the best pan I've ever used - it's heats evenly which makes it perfect for cooking and it washes up nice and clean in the dishwasher!
Make it a meal with:
- One Pot Mediterranean Pasta
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- Easy Greek Salad
- Greek Potato Wedges