Mmmm, this goat cheese appetizer is the perfect snack while your little one is down for a nap. Seriously how much do you love nap time? I mean, don’t get me wrong I love spending time with my girl–belting out every song from Moana, drawing with chalk, blowing bubbles, her sitting on the counter watching me make dinner and tasting everything along the way. But, man do I love nap time! It’s quite possibly the fastest hour and a half of the day.
If I’m lucky, nap time comes after I get home from work. Not always, but sometimes it does. And if I’m really lucky I’ve planned ahead and can whip something up in the kitchen, style it just right and snap some quick pictures of it too.
Today, nap time did not come until after dinner. Luckily, this appetizer is SO easy that I was able to make it, style it and photograph it even with a toddler in tow.
But now, as I write this post, nap time has arrived. Time to put my feet up, edit some photos and sip on a glass of wine. Cheers to a long holiday weekend. And nap time! Big cheers to nap time.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my other cheesy deliciousness in the form of baked camembert with rosé raspberries!Print
This delicious lemon and dill goat cheese appetizer definitely need to be on your list for a go-to appetizer! Simple, tasty and healthy!
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly chopped dill
- zest of 2 lemons
- a couple large pinch of Kosher salt
- crackers for serving
- In a small bowl combine goat cheese and milk/cream. Use a teaspoon cookie scoop to scoop balls of goat cheese onto a parchment lined baking sheet or tray. Place them in the freezer for 5 minutes. This will make them easier to handle.
- Chop dill and lemon zest until they are minced and place in a shallow bowl. Roll scoops of goat cheese in the lemon and dill mixture and then use your palms to roll them into balls.
- That’s it! Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy.
Keywords: easy, quick, simple, healthy, appetizer, party bites