Crispy, oven baked fries are topped with fresh tomato, cucumber and onion tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar then drizzled with homemade tzatziki sauce and garnished with fresh dill.
This unique dish is the perfect party appetizer or a fun weeknight meal when you’re craving veggies. But also craving fries. Which is pretty much me, every single day!
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you!
How do I make Loaded Greek Salad Fries?
They are SO easy. Using my simple baked fries recipe, you’ll cut Russet potatoes into fries and toss them with olive oil and Mediterranean seasonings.
Then you’ll bake them on a parchment lined baking sheet til they’re golden brown and crispy in the oven and load them up with classic Greek salad toppings and homemade tzatziki.
The Greek salad portion is a simple mix of sliced cucumber, tomato and red onion tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar with crumbled feta cheese and fresh dill.
And the real star here is the homemade tzatziki! Sour cream, fresh dill, lemon zest and lemon juice combine to make the most delicious, finger-licking good dipping sauce you’ve ever tasted!
Why should I use russet potatoes?
Russet potatoes are the best for french fries. They hold their shape well, get nice and crispy and stay soft and tender on the inside.
Yukon gold potatoes are great too, but it’s hard to get them as crisp without over cooking them.
Baby red potatoes are good if you’re feeling more of a wedge shape. You can follow the same directions as below, just cut the baby red potatoes into wedges instead of fries!
Are you sure I don’t need to peel my potatoes?
Yes – no peeling required! I rarely peel a vegetable unless absolutely necessary. If I can save myself 5 minutes and a dirty dish, I’m in!
In this case, it’s really not a must to peel your taters. A majority of your fries will end up (mostly) without skin any way.
And I like the rustic look and added texture with the skin is left on. It also adds more fiber! So save yourself the time and hassle of peeling and just enjoy a rustic baked fry!
Helpful tools for this recipe:Print
Crispy, oven baked fries topped with fresh Greek salad and homemade tzatziki sauce are the perfect party appetizer!
- 1 recipe of my super easy oven baked fries
- 2 roma tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh chopped dill
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Bake fries according to recipe directions.
- While the fries are baking, toss salad ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Mix tzatziki ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Assemble by piling the baked fries on a serving platter. Top fries with salad and drizzle with tzatziki. Serve immediately.
Keywords: easy, quick, simple, recipe, appetizer, side dish, Mediterranean, tomato, feta, cucumber, dill, lemon, olive oil, family, dinner, weeknight, meal