This salad is like summer in bowl – a fresh lemon and dill vinaigrette is tossed with Israeli couscous, cucumber, tomato, artichoke hearts, red onion, garbanzo beans and feta cheese!
- 2 cups large pearl couscous (Israeli couscous)
- 1 cup thinly sliced mini cucumbers
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or grapeseed oil) + more for tossing the couscous initially
- juice of 2 lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill + more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Transfer to your serving bowl, drizzle with oil and toss to coat couscous. Place in the fridge to cool while you prep the other ingredients.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake until emulsified.
- Add cucumber, red onion, tomato, artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans and feta to the serving bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to goat. Garnish with fresh dill and enjoy!
Don’t overcook the couscous! There is nothing worse than mushy pasta in a salad and this recipe is no exception! Make sure that you cook the couscous according to package directions, just until al dente!
If you’ll be making this salad ahead of time, just add half the dressing initially. Then add the rest and toss everything together just before serving. This will ensure that the salad doesn’t get soggy while it sits.
Feel free to sub out the veggies and beans for things you’ve already got in your cupboard! White beans would be great in place of the garbanzo beans. Or sun dried tomatoes would be tasty instead of fresh! Fresh mozzarella or even goat cheese would be a great substitute for the feta as well. Use this recipe as a blueprint and make this meal your own!
Use fresh squeezed lemon juice! It might be tempting to buy those little plastic lemons filled with “real” lemon juice, but don’t do it! Nothing beats the flavor of fresh squeezed lemon juice! Don’t skip the lemon zest either! It’s going to give the lemon flavor so much more depth throughout the salad!
- Category: Pasta Salad
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Greek pasta salad, Greek couscous salad, Greek salad