Welcome to the January Recipe Challenge!
Each month, I will host a recipe challenge for my readers which gives you an opportunity to win a $100 prize just for making dinner!
I will choose one recipe each month for you to make. All the recipes will be simple, quick, and easy (as most of the recipes on Midwest Foodie are). They will all be vegetarian and/or vegan but you are welcome to add meat/dairy or customize them as you see fit!
This month's recipe is my brand new Creamy Vegan Tuscan Tomato Pasta! This creamy Tuscan pasta packs all the comforting flavor of Tuscan chicken pasta into a delicious, meatless meal. The rich sun-dried tomato cream sauce perfectly coats al dente noodles and seasoned chickpeas so your family is still getting the protein they need.
Why you're going to love this pasta
- It's so quick and easy! This sauce takes 15 minutes to make from start to finish and requires almost no prepping other than sliced garlic! That's what makes it one of our family's favorite weeknight meals.
- Do you see that silky smooth sun-dried tomato sauce? It's seriously out of this world! Coconut milk is the secret ingredient that gets it so perfectly creamy without any nuts or finicky cashew cream!
- It's a family-friendly dinner! Pasta and soup are the two things that I know my 4-year-old will always eat - which is why you'll find so many of those types of recipes on the blog! This pasta dish is easily customizable so every member of the family will be happy with dinner!
- It's vegan, but you'd never know it! If you're not vegan but are trying to add more plant-based meals to your diet, this pasta is the perfect place to start! Introducing veggie-focused meals into your diet through familiar dishes like pasta is a great way to get your family on board with meatless Monday!
How does this work?
To enter the challenge and giveaway you must be a U.S. resident and complete the following:
- Make the recipe of the month! January's recipe is this super quick and easy Creamy Vegan Tuscan Pasta.
- Leave a star review and rating in the comment section of the recipe post. I want to hear what you think and I really value your feedback on my dishes!
- Snap a pic of your finished dish (no bonus points for creativity or styling - bad lighting and composition are welcomed and encouraged!). Email the pic to firstname.lastname@example.org or just send it to me in a direct message on Instagram. You will receive confirmation that your entry has been accepted within 48 hours!
BONUS ENTRY: Share a pic of your Midwest Foodie monthly challenge recipe on Instagram and tag @midwest.foodie in it! This gets you a second entry into the drawing!
That's it! You make dinner - you get entered to win a $100 prize!
In an effort to continue to amplify Black businesses, the $100 prize each month will either be in the form of a $100 gift card from a Black-owned business, or $100 towards products of your choice from their business (for those who don't offer gift cards).
If you have any suggestions of Black-owned businesses I can highlight and help support in the coming months, please feel free to leave a comment on this post or drop me an email. I appreciate any ideas you may have!
The winner this month can choose a $100 prize from one of the following:
- Black Girl Magic (delicious wines)
- PUR Home (home cleaning products)
- Dope Coffee Company (tasty coffee)
How to Leave a Comment
I realize that some people may have never left a comment on a post before. All you have to do is scroll to the bottom of the recipe post until you see the comment section.
Leave a star rating, then enter your comment in the box, enter your first name and email address, then submit. That's it!
You have until 11:59pm CST on January 31st to enter. I will announce the winner of January's Recipe Challenge next month in the February Recipe Challenge post that goes live on February 1st!
Happy Cooking! And please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need some help working through a recipe!