This rich, creamy, one pot alfredo is simple enough for a busy weeknight dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. uncooked fettuccine noodles
- 32 oz. vegetable stock
- 2 cups half and half
- 1–2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- sliced cherry tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add pasta, vegetable stock, half and half, and chipotle to the pot and stir to combine.
- Turn heat up and bring it a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium or medium low and simmer for 14-16 minutes, stirring occasionally so the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until pasta is al dente, then remove from heat and stir in Parmesan.
- Garnish with parsley, Parmesan and tomato and enjoy!
Shred your Parmesan and chop fresh garlic. Always. But especially in this recipe where the ingredient list is short. You want the best and most flavorful ingredients and freshly shredded Parmesan and freshly chopped garlic are going make this dish sing!
Adjust (or omit) the chipotle based to your family’s tastes. If your family isn’t into spicy foods, feel free to omit the chipotle and the recipe will taste just as great. We like a little kick over at our house, so we love a hearty teaspoon or more of the chipotle in our pasta.
The sauce should be smooth, creamy and dreamy. The best part of one pot pasta is that it makes the creamiest sauce ever. As your getting to the end of your cooking time, feel free to adjust the cooking liquid based on your saucy preferences. An extra splash of half and half will give you a thinner sauce, while a little more Parmesan will make it thicker.
The sauce will thicken as it cools. Keep in mind that this sauce is going to get a bit thicker as it cools. If you’re planning to reheat this dish, I recommend adding a splash of half and half or milk and heating it in a pot over medium heat until it’s warmed through and the sauce has a creamy consistency again.
Keywords: fettuccine alfredo, chipotle alfredo, garlic Parmesan pasta, cream sauce, garlic cream sauce, Parmesan cream sauce