This vegan tabbouleh is hands down one of my favorite foods. It’s so versatile and can be eaten with so many different things, or by itself for a quick snack. My favorite way to eat it is with some fresh pita bread and roasted garlic hummus from a little deli down the street. It also tastes amazing paired with fresh made falafel and tzatziki like in these grain bowls I made over the weekend.
The best part about this recipe is how quickly it comes together. I usually have some leftover quinoa in the fridge from my weekly meal prep and with the food processor doing most of the work for you, prep time is minimal.
My recipe for tabbouleh is only slightly different than traditional versions in that it uses quinoa instead of fine bulgar and I also like to add garlic and onion to mine. It’s super fresh with just a hint of lemon and plenty of olive oil to hold it all together.
I would definitely consider this a summer time salad but it brings a little sunshine to your meal on these cold winter days too!Print
Simple, healthy vegan tabbouleh is always a family favorite in my house! Pair with fresh hummus and pita bread and you’re dinner is done.
- 2/3 cup uncooked cooked (yields about 2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 red onion (roughly chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 English cucumber (finely diced)
- 2 roma tomatoes (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, fluff with fork and season with salt and pepper. Place in the fridge to cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Add parsley, red onion and garlic to the bowl of a food processor. Process for a minute or so, scraping the sides as needed until everything is well minced.
- Then add parsley mixture to a large bowl along with cucumber, tomato, olive oil, lemon juice and a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooled quinoa until well combined and then season to taste with more salt and pepper.
Keywords: healthy, meal prep, easy, quick, simple, recipe, tomato, cucumber, parsley