Simple, healthy vegan tabbouleh is always a family favorite in my house! Pair with fresh hummus and pita bread and you’re dinner is done.
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa (yields about 2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 3–4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cups sliced mini cucumbers
- 1.5 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, fluff with fork and season with salt and pepper. Transfer cooked quinoa to your serving bowl and place in the fridge to cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Add parsley, mint, onion, cucumber, tomato, olive oil, lemon juice and a large pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Toss tabbouleh until well combined.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
If you can make it ahead of time, please do! The flavors of this quinoa tabbouleh salad only get better as they marinate in the fridge. If you can make it a full day in advance that is best, but even a few hours will make a big difference in the flavor!
Feel free to use another grain besides quinoa! Bulgar, freekah, buckwheat, sorghum, teff or millet would work as well.
Try mixing up the herbs! I like to keep parsley as a constant in this recipe, but I’ve tried replacing the mint with basil and oregano and both were delicious! Use whatever you’ve got on hand. Just make sure you keep the ratios the same so it’s a very herb forward salad!
Keywords: Mediterranean salad, quinoa salad, tabouleh, tabbouli, tabouli