Simple, healthy and delicious! This soup take less than an hour from start to finish and most of it is inactive cooking time. Totally realistic and doable for a quick and easy weeknight meal!
- 19.5 oz. hot Italian turkey sausage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stalks removed and diced, leaves roughly chopped (about 6 cups chopped leaves + 1 cup chopped stalks)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 2 cups V8
- 15 oz. can white (cannellini) beans
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- shredded Parmesan for garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Squeeze sausage from the casing and discard casing. Brown sausage, crumbling with a spatula. Drain most of the grease off and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in the same large pot over medium heat. Add diced Swiss chard stalks and onion to the pot along with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Return sausage to the pot and add Swiss chard leaves, chicken stock, V8, white beans, diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine, turn heat to medium high and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid, turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove soup from heat and slowly stir in cream. Garnish with shredded Parmesan and serve!
Keywords: sausage, easy, recipe, simple, quick, healthy, family, dinner, weeknight, meal