Healthy baked fish tacos in less than 20 minutes?! That’s right! Skip the calories of greasy batter fried fish and dive into this lightened up version with just as much flavor.
- 1 lb. cod or other mild white fish
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- Thai Curry Coleslaw
- fresh chopped cilantro
- sliced jalapenos
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place fish fillet onto a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine all spices including a large pinch of Kosher salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle fillet with spices. Use your hands to gently massage the spices into the fillet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Flake fish into bite size pieces and serve with warmed tortillas.
- Garnish with curry coleslaw, fresh cilantro and sliced jalapenos.
Use fresh fish! Living in Wisconsin, the struggle is real to find fresh, sustainable fish in my area. I have one grocery store that I love to get my fresh wild caught fish from. Check out your local spots and find one that provides fresh, wild caught fish!
Don’t overcook the fish. There’s nothing worse than a rubbery fillet of overcooked fish. Check the fish after about 10 minutes and see if the thickest part flakes easily with a fork. Check every couple minutes after that until the fish is tender and flaky.
Season. Season. Season. Make sure you use plenty of salt in the seasoning of the fish! The ingredients are so simple in this dish and the salt is going to boost all those flavors to another level.
Keywords: baked tacos, fish tacos, healthy fish tacos, baked fish tacos, Thai fish tacos