This chili takes only 30 minutes from start to finish and you’ll likely have all the ingredients in your pantry! Loaded with beans, veggies and lentils, it’s the perfect healthy meal prep recipe!
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons diced chiles in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- (2) 14.5 oz. cans vegetable broth
- (2) 14.5 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup dried red lentils
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh chopped cilantro
- sliced jalapeno
- sour cream (make sure it’s vegan sour cream if you’re keeping it vegan)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper along with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Saute, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin and thyme. Saute for another minute.
- Then add remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. The chili is done when the lentils are tender yet firm.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro, jalapeno, sour cream and Fritos and enjoy!
Keywords: easy, quick, simple, healthy, soup, vegetarian, meal prep, lunch, family, dinner, weeknight, meal, recipe