This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This granola is the perfect breakfast for those picky eaters as we prepare to head back to school! Not sure where summer went but I realllllllyyyyy love Fall so I’m actually looking forward to getting back to my slow cooker recipes and hearty soups and snuggly sweaters and sipping hot beverages and not sweating all day.
That’s a tangent for another day though… Back to the granola. It’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup so this tasty treat will have your little ones looking forward to breakfast!
You can add whatever nuts, seeds, or dried fruit you have on hand–pretty much everything works. I normally like to add sunflower seeds, dried cherries, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and dried coconut. It’s a good way to get rid of those last little bits of dried goods you might have hanging around.
This week I’m making a double batch for our family reunion so I kept it pretty simple since I’ll be feeding a wide variety of very different taste buds. I’ll be serving it with a few different kinds of yogurt and some fresh fruit for a DIY parfait bar. Yogurt parfaits are my go-to breakfast during the week. I can eat it at my desk while I sift through emails or bring it to an early morning meeting!
The easiest granola recipe ever-just combine everything and toss it in the oven. Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and just the right amount of crunch from the chopped pecans.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- large pinch Kosher salt
- Heat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl combine oats and pecans. In a small bowl combine coconut oil, syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and Kosher salt. Pour mixture over oats and stir together until well combined.
- Spread granola in an even layer across the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Stir granola, then crank the heat to 350 for another 10-12 minutes or until the granola is a nice golden brown.
- Allow granola to cool on the pan for at least 1 hour. Transfer to an airtight container and store on your counter for up to a week.
Keywords: granola, healthy, simple, easy, recipe, homemade