This warm orzo salad is simple and easy to throw together for those busy work weeks when you need a quick, healthy lunch!
- 16 oz. orzo pasta
- 16 oz. chicken breast, cut into tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more for drizzling cooked pasta
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 4 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 recipe grilled lemon vinaigrette
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook orzo pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Season chicken tenders with rosemary, thyme, Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Cook the chicken in two batches, heating 1/2 the oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Saute the first batch of chicken, cooking each side for about 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and cook last batch of chicken tenders in the same fashion.
- While the chicken is cooking, drain water from orzo and stir fresh spinach, a drizzle of olive oil an and a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- To assemble, create a bed of orzo and spinach, then slice chicken breast and place on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan and walnuts, then drizzle with grilled lemon vinaigrette.
Keywords: easy, simple, recipe, quick, meal prep, healthy, clean eating, Parmesan, rosemary, thyme, spinach, lemon, vinaigrette, family, dinner, weeknight, meal