This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This super simple White Bean Kale Salad is loaded with herb-seasoned Great Northern beans, crumbled goat cheese, and crispy homemade croutons. Drizzle all that with a Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing and dinner is done!
You'll Love This
- It's super quick and easy! This salad takes just minutes to throw together which makes it one of my favorite weekday lunches or dinners. You can easily customize it based on your personal tastes or make substitutions based on what you've got in the fridge!
- It's anything but boring! And it feels a little fancy with its wide variety of flavors and textures. The kale becomes soft and bright after a quick massage. The white beans are tossed in a simple herb vinaigrette, amplifying their creaminess. The crumbled goat cheese is cool and tangy. And the homemade croutons give it the perfect crunch. And don't even get me started on the flavors of the sun-dried tomato dressing!!
- It's healthy but hearty! While it's loaded with all kinds of whole ingredients, it's actually super filling also. And if you're not a big kale fan, this is a great way to try it! Massaging the kale really softens the texture and also mellows out the earthy flavor.
Chop kale, then wash and dry it as best you can.
Massage kale with olive oil and balsamic until it becomes tender and bright green.
Add beans, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, parsley, and a couple large pinches of salt and pepper.
Mix to combine.
- You can use whatever beans you have on hand in place of the Great Northern beans in this white bean kale salad. Chickpeas, pinto beans, lima beans, or cannellini beans would all work great in their place. Any mild-flavored bean will taste delicious!
- Feel free to substitute your favorite cheese in place of the goat cheese. Feta, cotija, queso fresco, blue cheese, manchego, or even sliced brie would all taste delicious in this recipe. Basically, you can use this recipe as a blueprint and make it your own!
- I prefer a log of goat cheese, but pre-crumbled goat cheese will work as well, I just find it to be a little dry for my taste. Flavored goat cheese is also a great way to take this salad to another level. I like to use garlic and herb goat cheese when I can find it.
- This salad will stay good in the fridge for 3-4 days because kale is such a hearty green. However, because it's massaged it will start to get a little too soft after a few days. I'd recommend not adding the croutons until just before serving if you'll be enjoying it at a later date, as the croutons will get soggy.
- Vegan Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
- Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad
- Roasted Baby Red Potato Salad
- Greek Chickpea Pasta Salad