A cross between lasagna and baked ziti, this ravioli dish comes together in just one pan and goes from stove top, to oven, to your kitchen table in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 19.5 oz. hot Italian turkey sausage, loose
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups store bought pasta sauce
- 2–3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 20 oz. refrigerated ravioli
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a wide, shallow dutch oven style casserole dish over medium heat. Add onion and large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and oregano and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
- Add sausage and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through.
- Stir in red wine and pasta sauce.
- Then stir in fresh spinach.
- Add ravioli and stir until it’s well coated in sauce. Be sure each ravioli is nestled into the sauce so it cooks evenly.
- Tear mozzarella into chunks and place on top of ravioli in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the ravioli is al dente and the sauce is bubbling.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese on top.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
Remember that not all ravioli are created equal. Giovanni Rana boils in 4 minutes while other brands may take 7-9 minutes. Take this into account as it will increase your bake time. You’ll know the ravioli is done when it is tender and al dente.
Make sure the ravioli is completely covered by the sauce so that it can soak up all the moisture and cook evenly!
You don’t necessarily have to use uncooked pasta for this recipe. If you have leftover spaghetti, tortellini, penne or any other noodle, you can still use it in this dish! Just decrease the baking time by about half so that the pasta doesn’t overcook.
Keywords: baked pasta, baked ravioli, cheese ravioli, baked ziti, ravioli bake, cheesy pasta bake