This easy baked ravioli casserole takes about 20 minutes from start to finish and requires just 5 minutes of prep time because you don’t need to boil the ravioli first!
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 24 oz. jar your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 20 oz. package refrigerated cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add spinach, spaghetti sauce, water, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, Parmesan, heavy cream, ravioli, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper to a large baking dish.
- Stir until everything is well combined.
- Top with fresh mozzarella and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with a lid or a tight-fitting piece of tin foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until ravioli is cooked al dente and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove lid/foil and broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese on top starts to turn dark golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
Make sure the ravioli is completely covered by the sauce. This will ensure that the pasta cooks evenly and all the way through. The moisture from the water that you add is going to help thin out the sauce so it can easily coat every ravioli.
You don't necessarily have to use uncooked pasta for this recipe. If you have leftover spaghetti, tortellini, penne, or any other noodle, you can still use it in this dish! Just decrease the baking time by about half so that the pasta doesn't overcook. Repurposing leftover pasta into a baked pasta dish is one of my favorites ways to transform leftovers!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove top & oven
- Cuisine: Italian/American
Keywords: baked pasta, baked ravioli, cheese ravioli, baked ziti, ravioli bake, cheesy pasta bake