This BLT Puff Pastry Tart is the easiest summer dinner you’ll ever make! Loaded with crispy bacon, ripe tomatoes, and a 3 ingredient balsamic aioli – you’ll never believe that this tart takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 oz. bacon strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh greens, chopped
- 1–2 tomatoes, sliced 1/4″ thick
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold puff pastry dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Pinch seams together and use a rolling pin to roll it out slightly larger.
- Score about an inch around the edge of the puff pastry creating the crust. Poke holes with a fork across the pastry, inside the crust.
- Brush the entire pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is dark golden brown on the top and bottom.
- Arrange bacon in a single layer on a parchment/foil lined baking sheet and bake it at the same time as the pastry until it’s crispy.
- Use a spatula to gently press the center of the puff pastry down if it has bubbled up.
- Allow puff pastry and bacon to cool until you’re able to handle them. Crumble bacon.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, garlic powder, and balsamic vinegar until smooth and creamy.
- Spread half the balsamic aioli across the puff pastry, keeping it inside the crust.
- Top with half the crumbled bacon.
- Add chopped fresh greens along with the sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining bacon and drizzle with balsamic aioli.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish/Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon tomato tart, bacon tomato appetizer, tomato puff pastry tart