This Caprese Garlic Bread is the perfect summer appetizer! It uses only a handful of simple ingredients and takes just 10 minutes to throw together. It’s a great way to use up all those ripe, juicy tomatoes from the garden or farmer’s market!
- 12 oz. loaf crusty French baguette
- 2–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2–3 roma tomatoes, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut french bread in half width-wise, then cut each of those halves in half lengthwise.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a thin layer across the cut side of each piece of bread.
- Divide garlic evenly between the pieces of bread.
- Divide cheese evenly between the four pieces of bread.
- Place sliced tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Then broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese starts to turn golden brown.
- Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with a few large pinches of Kosher salt.
- Garnish with basil and balsamic glaze and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American/Italian
Keywords: tomato basil mozzarella appetizer, tomato mozzarella cheese bread,