This Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup comes together in 30 minutes with all REAL ingredients (no Velveeta!) which makes it a simple weeknight dinner that your family will love and you'll feel good about feeding them! And I'm not even exaggerating when I say - this broccoli cheddar soup is BETTER than Panera’s!
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, and a couple large pinches of salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining butter, garlic, ground mustard, cayenne, broccoli, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth along with a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
- Bring a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until broccoli and carrots are cooked through and tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream, shredded cheese, and vinegar until cheese melts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy broccoli cheddar soup, vegetarian broccoli soup, cheesy broccoli soup