This Easy Pop Tart recipe is made with flaky puff pastry, store-bought strawberry jam, and a quick 3 ingredient icing. Top with rainbow sprinkles, slice, and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet with oil or cover with parchment paper.
- Dust work surface with flour. Unfold one puff pastry sheet and pinch seams together.
- Use a rolling pin to roll puff pastry sheet out until it’s about 9.5 x 15 inches.
- Gently roll puff pastry sheet around the rolling pin and transfer to the lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush about 1 inch around the edge of the puff pastry sheet with egg wash.
- Spread strawberry jam across the puff pastry, keeping it inside the egg wash perimeter.
- Unfold the second puff pastry sheet on the floured work surface, pinch seams together, and roll into a 9.5 x 15 inch rectangle.
- Gently roll second puff pastry sheet around the rolling pin and place it directly over first
- Use a fork to gently press the two sheets together creating a seal and a cute pattern around the edge. Poke a few holes in the top as well.
- Brush the top sheet of puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the puff pastry is dark golden brown on the top and bottom.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, heavy cream, and a large pinch of Kosher salt until smooth and creamy.
- Spread frosting across the pop tart and top with sprinkles.
- Allow the pop tart to cool 10 minutes or so minutes before slicing.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: puff pastry pop tart, strawberry pop tart, giant puff pastry recipe