Transform your everyday salads with these simple homemade garlic and herb croutons. I might be biased but I think they taste best in my Kale Caesar Pasta Salad!
- 4 cups cubed bread
- 3–5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread cubed bread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, oregano, thyme and a couple large pinches of salt along with a pinch of pepper.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring croutons every 5 minutes so they bake evenly.
- Let cool to room temperature and enjoy on your favorite salads! But mostly enjoy them with my Kale Caesar Pasta Salad!
Wonder bread will not work wonders in this recipe. I have nothing against white bread… Okay actually, I’m just going to go ahead and say it – I hate white bread. It offers no nutritional value and tastes like eating a cardboard sponge. French baguette, multi-grain, sourdough, focaccia or even ciabatta bread work perfect in this recipe. Leave the Wonder bread on the shelf and try something hearty and flavorful when you’re making these croutons! Olive oil = dark golden brown and crispy. The more evenly your olive oil is distributed the more crispy every inch of your croutons will be! Be sure to drizzle the olive oil AND toss the croutons to coat them evenly. You will not be disappointed.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade croutons, baked croutons, french bread croutons, garlic croutons, herb croutons