This super simple 20-minute one-pot garlic Parmesan pasta recipe will quickly become your family's favorite easy weeknight dinner. It's loaded with flavor but is made with simple ingredients and everything cooks in one pot!
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and oregano along with a couple large pinches of salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently for about a minute.
- Add veggie broth, half and half, uncooked spaghetti along with another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine, turn heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Stir every couple of minutes so the pasta cooks evenly and doesn't stick together.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with Parmesan, parsley, and red pepper flakes, and enjoy!
Shred your own Parmesan! If you have time, always buy the wedge and shred it yourself! It will taste much better than the pre-shredded stuff and it will melt into the creamy garlic pasta sauce better. Wedges are usually cheaper than pre-shredded cheese as well!
One-pot pasta is all about the cooking liquid. It's important to use your judgment as far as adding more liquid towards the end of the cooking process. If it seems to be reducing too quickly and the pasta is not fully cooked yet, add another splash of half and half or veg stock so that the pasta can cook through. You're looking for the sauce to be smooth, creamy, and cheesy!
The Parmesan sauce in this one-pot pasta will thicken as it cools so if you're planning to reheat leftovers, be prepared to add a couple splashes of milk or broth as you're warming it up again. With that said, this pasta reheats well, just make sure to add some liquid and heat over medium heat in a saucepan or pot until it's heated through.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: 20 minute dinner, comfort food, weeknight meal