This healthy Mediterranean dinner takes just 20 minutes from start to finish and is made with just 8 ingredients! It almost sounds too good to be true doesn’t it?! Well, it’s not. It’s just another quick and easy dinner that your family is going to LOVE!
- 1 lb. cod fillet
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coridander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- zest of 1 lemon + slices
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh lemon wedges
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place cod into a large baking dish.
- In a small glass measuring cup combine oil and butter. Pour over cod.
- Season cod with coriander, paprika and a large pinch of Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Then top it with lemon zest, sliced lemon, sliced garlic and capers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cod flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and chopped cilantro.
Butter makes everything better. And that is VERY true in this dish. If you only have olive oil on hand, feel free to sub that for the butter. However, the melted butter combined with the olive oil is going to give this fish the MOST decadent, melt in your mouth flavor and texture. So don’t skip it!
Green olives are a great substitute for capers. I usually keep capers on hand because their briny bite is one of my favorite things to add to any fish or pasta dish. But in a pinch, green olives would be a great sub! I’d add slightly more green olives in this recipe to match the bold flavor that the capers deliver.
Don’t overcook the fish! This seems like a no-brainer, but sometimes I think people get really stuck on following a recipe to the T and forget to use their judgement. Everyone’s oven cooks differently. Everyone’s fish fillet may be a different shape or thickness. Everyone’s baking dish heats up differently. Use your judgement when it comes to bake time here. As soon as the fish starts to flake easily, it’s done!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: baked cod, Greek fish, baked fish, oven baked cod