10 ingredients + 10 minutes = the easiest tomato cream sauce you’ve ever made! It’s loaded with sun dried tomatoes, just the right amount of cream and salty shaved Parmesan.
- 1/2 cup julienne cut, oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon oil from sun dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 16 oz. linguine, cooked according to package directions until al dente
- Add sun dried tomatoes, garlic and 2 teaspoons of sun dried tomato oil to a food processor. Process until everything is well minced and combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon sun dried tomato oil to a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add sun dried tomato and garlic mixture to the pan and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add oregano, thyme, sage and veggie stock to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream and Parmesan until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in chopped parsley.
- Then add cooked linguine and toss to coat it evenly in the sauce.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley and enjoy!
Buy the oil packed, julienne cut sun dried tomatoes. You might find bags of sun dried tomatoes at the grocery store, but keep looking until you find the oil packed ones that come in a jar! Sometimes they come with herbs mixed in and that’s great too! Julienne cut means they are already bite size so they’re the perfect size to garnish this dish without having to do any extra chopping. And that oil that they’re packed in is like liquid gold! Don’t throw it away! You’ll use some of it in this recipe, but it works really well in salad dressings also!
If you don’t have a food processor, you can still make this delicious dinner! Just finely mince the sun dried tomatoes and garlic and mix them up with a couple teaspoons of the sun dried tomato oil. The food processor is basically just doing the mincing in this recipe so it’s not completely necessary.
If you have picky eaters, pulse (or mince) the sun dried tomato and garlic for an extra minute or so in the food processor. You can also skip the garnishes on top so the pasta is just coated in the smooth and creamy sauce. Serving the sauce on the side is also a great way to let your kids try it before smothering all their noodles in it. My daughter will eat any plate of noodles that I put in front of her, regardless of the sauce, but she eats around the parsley and tomatoes every single time!
If you’ll be heating the sauce up later be sure to add a splash of stock or cream to loosen it up a bit. As it sits in the fridge it will thicken up considerably. I’d recommend heating it in a saute pan over medium heat and stirring in a splash of stock or cream as it heats.
Keywords: creamy tomato sauce, vegetarian tomato sauce, easy cream sauce, sun dried tomato cream sauce