This Tater Tot Breakfast Bake will quickly become your family’s favorite weekend tradition. It’s loaded with eggs, cheese, veggies, bacon, and ham and it takes just minutes to throw together. It can be made ahead of time and the leftovers reheat like a dream. If you’re stuck in a breakfast rut, you’ve gotta try this tater tot casserole!
- 12 oz. bacon
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 32 oz. frozen tater tots
- oil/butter for greasing the baking dish
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange bacon on a parchment/foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it’s cooked through and crisp. Set aside to cool, then crumble.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with olive oil or butter.
- Add bacon, cheese, ham, red pepper, green onion, garlic powder, and a couple large pinches of salt and pepper to the baking dish.
- Stir to combine.
- Add eggs, heavy cream, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Pour over the veggie/meat mixture in an even layer.
- Add frozen tater tots, spreading them in an even layer on top of the eggs. They will overlap – that’s okay.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, slice, and enjoy!
- You’ll know the eggs are done when a knife inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean and the eggs look “set” and not jiggly.
- This egg casserole can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Just wait to add the frozen tater tots until just before baking.
- Reheat leftovers in the microwave or in a saute pan with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Substitute whatever you’d like for the veggies, cheese, and meats. Just keep the measurements the same and the casserole will turn out great every single time!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tater tot breakfast casserole, tater tot egg bake, breakfast casserole with bacon and tater tots, cheesy tater tot breakfast bake