This No Boil Lasagna Recipe takes just 10 minutes to prepare (seriously!) and doesn't require you to boil the noodles before baking! This hearty vegetarian dinner is so quick, easy, and delicious that it's sure to earn a permanent spot in your monthly meal rotation!
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 15 oz. whole milk ricotta
- 8 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2-4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 24 oz. spaghetti sauce (try my easy spaghetti sauce)
- 1 cup water
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
- extra spaghetti sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and water together.
- Combine mozzarella and Parmesan together in a large bowl. Remove 1.5 cups of cheese and reserve for topping the lasagna.
- To the bowl of cheese add spinach, ricotta, pesto, garlic, oregano, and egg, along with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour 1 cup sauce/water mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and spread across the bottom. Layer 5 noodles, slightly overlapping to cover the bottom of the pan. I like to do four noodles the long way, and then break off the end of a noodle to fit it widthwise and cover the rest.
- Layer 1/2 of the ricotta mixture in an even layer on top of the noodles. Then drizzle a 1/2 cup of sauce on top of that.
- Then layer another 5 noodles, the remaining ricotta mixture, and another 1/2 cup sauce.
- Lastly, layer 5 noodles and the remaining sauce. Then sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the noodles are al dente and sauce is bubbling. Broil for 1 minute on high, just until the cheese starts to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley and serve with extra sauce on the side if desired.
MAKE AHEAD INSTRUCTIONS
and refrigerated until you're ready to bake!
Make it on Saturday when you have all the time in the world, and bake it on Thursday when you have 2 seconds to throw something in the oven for dinner!
When I'm really planning ahead, I like to double the recipe and make two pans of lasagna so I can stash one in the freezer. The night before I know we'll be eating the lasagna, I let the frozen pan thaw in the fridge.
After you've refrigerated the lasagna and before baking, just make sure you let it sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes so it can come to room temp so that it cooks evenly. Then bake according to the recipe directions.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegetarian lasagna spinach, easy vegetarian lasagna, no boil lasagna with regular noodles, Italian vegetarian lasagna recipe