No muss, no fuss. Just simple, straight forward, easy to make, delicious Turtle Cheesecake Bars.
- 12 oz. Oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- (3) 8 oz. packages full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz. sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9×13 pan with tin foil.
- Add Oreos to a food processor. Pulse until they are crushed into a crumb texture.
- Pour melted butter into the food processor and pulse until the butter is well incorporated with the Oreos.
- Press mixture in an even layer across the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a large bowl use a hand held mixer to combine cream cheese and sour cream until mostly smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Then add eggs and salt and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling on top of the crust and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the edges of the cheesecake start to pull away from the sides of the pan and the center is set but still jiggly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 hours on the counter. Top with caramel, pecans and mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Be sure to line the pan with tin foil. This is a crucial step in ensuring that your cheesecake bars will be super easy to remove from the pan.
Trust your gut on cook time. The cheesecake will continue to cook in the pan even after you’ve removed it from the oven. You want to err on the side of underdone rather than overdone.
Your cheesecake is done when the edges pull away from the sides of the pan and the cheesecake looks set, but the center is still slightly jiggly.
Leave your room temperature ingredients out overnight. For real, overnight. They will mix best when they are legit at room temp.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cheesecake, caramel cheesecake, Oreo cheesecake, turtle cheesecake