This Tomato Toast with Ricotta is made with a handful of simple ingredients – grape tomatoes, olive oil, fresh garlic, and herbs atop toasty Italian bread with creamy ricotta cheese – but it packs a punch in the flavor in the department.
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 2–3 tablespoons for brushing bread
- 6–8 slices rustic Italian bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 15 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- fresh arugula
- fresh chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place bread onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush both slices of bread with olive oil.
- Place tomatoes into a small baking dish. Add olive oil, sliced garlic, oregano and a large pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Roast bread and tomatoes for 8-10 minutes, flip bread. Roast for another 5 minutes.
- Divide ricotta evenly between toasts.
- Then divide tomatoes evenly between toasts.
- Sprinkle each toast with Kosher salt and garnish with fresh arugula and chopped parsley if desired.
This tomato toast recipe works well with grape tomatoes that are past their prime. Even if they’re a bit wrinkled and looking a little sad, the quick toss of olive oil and roast in the oven will plump them up and bring them back to life!
Use whole milk ricotta for these tomato toasts! Part-skim will work if that’s all you’ve got on hand, but whole milk ricotta has more fat and as we all know, fat equals flavor!
A good quality olive oil is going to go a long way in bringing extra flavor to this super simple recipe. Because the ingredient list is so short, it’s important to use high-quality olive oil. You don’t have to spend $50 on a bottle. Just look for something that is cold-pressed and organic. Then try a few different kinds until you find the flavor you enjoy the most!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted grape tomatoes, oven roasted tomato toast, grape tomato toast