Just enough creaminess to feel indulgent and luxurious but loaded with veggies, so you can feel good about feeding it to your family.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 16 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2.5 tablespoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1.5 cups uncooked wild rice and brown rice blend
- 64 oz. vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms, sage, rosemary, garlic powder and a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the white wine to deglaze the pot and scrape all those yummy bits off the bottom.
- Then add rice and veggie broth.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 3 tablespoons COLD water and add the slurry to the pot as well. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Stir every 10 minutes or so to ensure the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk and parsley, add more salt and pepper to taste and serve!
Keywords: vegetarian wild rice soup, wild rice soup no cream, easy wild rice soup recipe,