This quick and easy Vegan Cucumber Pasta Salad combines a creamy, herb-filled vegan dressing with al dente noodles, sliced cucumbers, red onions, and dill!
- 16 oz. rotini pasta
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers (about 1/8″ thick)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat noodles evenly. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine coconut milk, vinegar, olive oil, dill, Dijon mustard, and garlic powder with a couple large pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add pasta, sliced cucumbers, and sliced onions to a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over pasta and toss to combine.
- Garnish with fresh dill and enjoy!
You will need to use canned full fat coconut milk for this cucumber salad recipe. The coconut milk that comes in a carton is too thin for this and is also totally lacking in the flavor department. Canned full-fat coconut milk is going to give you the perfect flavor and texture to coat every nook and cranny of these noodles!
The dressing will thicken as it sits. You can add more coconut milk, olive oil, or a splash of vinegar or water to loosen it up. Just be sure to season to taste with salt and pepper after adding any more liquid to the salad.
This is a great make-ahead pasta salad recipe. Although, because the dressing tends to thicken as it sits, I would recommend not adding the dressing to the noodles until just a few minutes before serving.
If you’re making this ahead of time, you can mix the dressing ingredients together and refrigerate them for up to 5 days before serving. Just make sure you give the dressing a good mix before adding it to the salad as it will start to separate as it sits.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cucumber dill pasta salad, vegan pasta salad, creamy cucumber salad