This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This quick and easy Vegan Cucumber Pasta Salad combines a creamy vegan dressing - like a mixture of Ranch and tzatziki - with freshly sliced cucumbers and red onions along with plenty of chopped dill! It's the perfect unique pasta salad recipe for your next backyard barbecue.
You'll Love This
- It's the perfect refreshing summer pasta salad. If you're looking for a different way to use up all those fresh cucumbers from the garden or farmer's market - look no further! This salad is loaded with fresh, simple, real ingredients that are welcomed departure from the classic meat and cheese filled pasta salads!
- There's no mayo! Coconut milk is the (not so) secret ingredient that gives this cucumber pasta salad all its creaminess. So you still get that rich, indulgent flavor without the heavy, greasiness that mayo can sometimes bring to a dish.
- Your friends and family will love it - vegan or not! Your vegan friends will be pumped that there is something they can eat the backyard barbeque or family get together. And your non-vegan friends will be shocked how much they enjoyed a dish that's totally vegan!
Cook pasta and toss it in olive oil and a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
Whisk until well combined.
Add pasta, sliced cucumbers, and sliced onions to a large bowl.
Pour dressing over pasta.
Toss to combine. Garnish with fresh dill and enjoy!
- You will need to use canned full fat coconut milk for this cucumber salad recipe. The coconut milk that comes in a carton is too thin for this and is also totally lacking in the flavor department. Canned full-fat coconut milk is going to give you the perfect flavor and texture to coat every nook and cranny of these noodles!
- The dressing will thicken as it sits. You can add more coconut milk, olive oil, or a splash of vinegar or water to loosen it up. Just be sure to season to taste with salt and pepper after adding any more liquid to the salad.
- This is a great make-ahead pasta salad recipe. Although, because the dressing tends to thicken as it sits, I would recommend not adding the dressing to the noodles until just a few minutes before serving.
- If you're making this ahead of time, you can mix the dressing ingredients together and refrigerate them for up to 5 days before serving. Just make sure you give the dressing a good mix before adding it to the salad as it will start to separate as it sits.
Favorite Pasta Salads
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Greek Garbanzo Bean Pasta Salad
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad
- Kale Caesar Pasta Salad
- Antipasto Tortellini Salad