These potatoes wedges are loaded with all your favorite Mediterranean spices and served with a cool, creamy yogurt sauce!
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice potatoes into wedges and place them in a large bowl. Depending on the size of your baby reds, you’ll get about 4-6 wedges per potato.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup combine olive oil, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour seasoning mixture over the wedges and combine until seasoning is well distributed and wedges are evenly coated.
- Spread wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the fries and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Then crank the heat to 500 and bake for 15 minutes. Flip fries and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached.
- While the wedges are baking, combine yogurt sauce ingredients.
- Once the wedges baked, remove them from the oven and gently toss them with the fresh dill and lemon zest. Serve warm and enjoy dipped in yogurt sauce!
Slice the potatoes as uniformly as possible. This will ensure that they all bake evenly.
When picking your potatoes, try to choose taters that are the same size. This will make it easier to cut the same size wedges.
Don’t skip the fresh dill and lemon zest at the end. The flavors of the fresh herbs and citrus are what make the dish taste so amazing!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean/Greek
Keywords: potato wedges, baked fries, Mediterranean potatoes, crispy baked fries