This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These potatoes wedges are loaded with all your favorite Mediterranean spices and served with a cool, creamy yogurt sauce! The secret to getting the perfect flavor combination is to roast the wedges with dried herbs and olive oil and then finish them with chopped fresh herbs and lemon zest.
You’ll Love These
- They’re way more fun than traditional fries. Wedges are < than fries and they always will be! There is a place and time for fries, but wedges are always a welcomed surprise.
- The flavors are SO delish. The combination of dried oregano and rosemary combined with fresh dill and lemon zest is out of this world. The layers of flavor are truly a delight for your taste buds!
- They are the perfect vehicle for that cool, creamy yogurt sauce. I’m all about the sauce. And this yogurt sauce is no exception. It’s got similar flavors of the dill and fresh lemon but that cool, creamy yogurt (or vegan yogurt or sour cream) takes it to another level!
Grab some baby reds and slice them into wedges!
Gently toss to coat wedges in the seasoning mixture.
The secret to getting the most perfect crispy wedge is to roast the potatoes at 450 and then crank the heat to 500 to finish them. This will allow them to cook through initially and then crisp up.
When the wedges are done, toss them in fresh dill and lemon zest and serve with yogurt sauce.
You can use other potatoes in place of the baby reds. Here’s some tips:
- Russet potatoes – make sure you cut them into small, uniform wedges
- Yukon gold potatoes – they’ll give you a creamier, more tender inside but it will be a bit harder to get the outside as crisp as a baby red or a russet
- Sweet potatoes – their sweetness plays well with the savory seasonings used in this dish!
Make it a Meal
I mean I don’t think you’ll have any leftovers, but if you do…
- You can preheat your oven to 400 degrees, spread the wedges in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake them for about 5 minutes or until they are heated through.
- Sprinkle them with a bit of additional salt after reheating just to make the flavors pop too!
Are these vegan?
- Yes! The wedges are made with no animal products which makes them a great option for vegans. But really they’re a great option for vegetarians and meat eaters alike!
- The yogurt sauce is not vegan. However, you could make it vegan by using a vegan sour cream!
- Slice the potatoes as uniformly as possible. This will ensure that they all bake evenly. A nice sharp knife will make slicing much easier.
- When picking your potatoes, try to choose taters that are the same size. This will make it easier to cut the same size wedges.
- Don’t skip the fresh dill and lemon zest at the end. The flavors of the fresh herbs and citrus are what make the dish taste so amazing!
- Easy Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Baked Korean Beef Meatballs
- Curry Pork Meatballs
- Caramelized Onion Puff Pastry Tarts
- Easy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
These potatoes wedges are loaded with all your favorite Mediterranean spices and served with a cool, creamy yogurt sauce!
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice potatoes into wedges and place them in a large bowl. Depending on the size of your baby reds, you’ll get about 4-6 wedges per potato.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup combine olive oil, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour seasoning mixture over the wedges and combine until seasoning is well distributed and wedges are evenly coated.
- Spread wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the fries and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Then crank the heat to 500 and bake for 15 minutes. Flip fries and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached.
- While the wedges are baking, combine yogurt sauce ingredients.
- Once the wedges baked, remove them from the oven and gently toss them with the fresh dill and lemon zest. Serve warm and enjoy dipped in yogurt sauce!
Slice the potatoes as uniformly as possible. This will ensure that they all bake evenly.
When picking your potatoes, try to choose taters that are the same size. This will make it easier to cut the same size wedges.
Don’t skip the fresh dill and lemon zest at the end. The flavors of the fresh herbs and citrus are what make the dish taste so amazing!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean/Greek
Keywords: potato wedges, baked fries, Mediterranean potatoes, crispy baked fries