You are 20 minutes away from these Greek inspired turkey burgers loaded with classic Mediterranean flavors of parsley, garlic and feta then topped with creamy homemade creamy yogurt sauce.
You'll Love These
- They're quick and easy. You are just 20 minutes away from these fresh, juicy, Mediterranean inspired burgers. They are the perfect healthy weeknight meal when you want something fast, but also want something satisfying.
- The ingredient list is short and sweet. Only 8 ingredients?! Yes, that's right friends! My favorite recipes are those that are filled with simple, wholesome ingredients and this one fits that bill perfectly!
- They're unexpected. You'll be the envy of the next backyard barbecue with these juicy Greek turkey burgers! Save the boring ground beef burgers for another night - serve your friends something new tonight!
Combine ingredients together. I find it's easiest to use my hands to mix everything together. To keep the burgers juicy, be sure not to over mix the ingredients!
Then divide the meat into 4 equal size patties.
Cook for a few minutes on each side until a dark golden brown crust forms.
- Use fresh garlic. This is really a tip to make any dish the best - don't buy the jars of minced garlic! Make sure you mince fresh cloves every time. The flavor will be a million times better!
- Don't use super lean turkey. I like to use 85/15 turkey for this recipe so that it doesn't dry out too much. Remember, fat is not your enemy, especially in this healthy burger. Also, fat = flavor.
- Don't over mix the meat. Be sure to mix the ingredients thoroughly, but DO NOT over mix. If you work the meat too much, you' end up with a firm burger texture. Handle the meat as little as possible for a more tender burger.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a different kind of meat instead of turkey?
- Yes! Ground beef is another great option if your family prefers the flavor of beef. Ground chicken or even ground lamb would be delicious in this recipe as well!
- What should I serve with Greek Turkey Burgers?
- I'm a real sucker for a side of crispy potatoes with any kind of burger. My Greek Potato Wedges - with their hint of lemon and fresh dill - would be the perfect accompaniment to these burgers.
- My crispy oven baked fries are another contender for my favorite burger side. Made with russet potatoes, they are baked in the oven rather than fried. Yielding a delicious, golden brown crust with a tender potato center - and way less calories and fat than their traditional fried friends.
- My Mediterranean Pasta Salad or my Mediterranean Couscous Salad would be other great options if you're looking for something hearty, but loaded with veggies!
- Can I make Greek turkey burgers ahead of time?
- Of course! If you're making them ahead, I'd recommend that you wait to cook them until just before serving. But you could certainly mix everything up and form the patties up to a week in advance.
- You could also make the yogurt sauce ahead of time as well. That will stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week as well.
- Can I cook turkey burgers on the grill?
- Yes! These burgers are one of my favorite grilling recipes during the summer. I'll admit that we don't have a grill (I know - crazy, right?!) But we often use my parents or my in-laws when the weather is warm.
- Just make sure if you're grilling to thoroughly oil the grill grate to prevent sticking. Ground turkey is very lean so it's more likely to stick than ground beef, which naturally has a higher fat content.
- Easy Mexican Chorizo Burgers
- Greek Potato Wedges with Creamy Yogurt Sauce
- Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese Dip
- Mediterranean One Pot Pasta
- Easy Mediterranean Dip
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Dill Pesto
Greek Turkey Burgers
These Greek burgers are loaded with classic Mediterranean flavors of parsley, garlic and feta and topped with a delicious, creamy, homemade yogurt sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 (¼ lb.) burgers 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Combine turkey, garlic, parsley, onion, feta, oregano, egg, a few large pinches of salt and a large pinch of pepper.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal size burger patties.
- Cook them in the oil for about 4-5 minutes per side until they form a golden brown crust and are cooked through.
- Serve turkey burgers on wheat buns (or wrapped in lettuce for a low carb option) and top with yogurt sauce, lettuce, red onion, tomato and feta.
Use fresh garlic. This is really a tip to make any dish the best - don't buy the jars of minced garlic! Make sure you mince fresh cloves every time. The flavor will be a million times better!
Don't use super lean turkey. I like to use 85/15 turkey for this recipe so that it doesn't dry out too much. Remember, fat is not your enemy, especially in this healthy burger. Also, fat = flavor.
Don't over mix the meat. Be sure to mix the ingredients thoroughly, but DO NOT over mix. If you work the meat too much, you' end up with a firm burger texture. Handle the meat as little as possible for a more tender burger.
Keywords: turkey burgers, feta burgers, Mediterranean burgers, Greek burgers