These Marinated Mozzarella Balls are immersed in a simple, yet incredibly flavorful olive oil and balsamic vinegar marinade filled with fresh sliced garlic and herbs. This easy appetizer takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and is made with a handful of staple ingredients that you’ll likely have on hand already!
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella balls, drained
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- serve with crostini
- Add olive oil, sliced garlic, fresh parsley, balsamic vinegar, oregano, red pepper flakes, and a large pinch of salt to a measuring cup.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add mozzarella balls to a small bowl or mason jar. Pour olive oil mixture over them.
- Let mozzarella marinate for 30-60 minutes (no need to refrigerate).
- While the cheese is marinating, throw together some crostini quick. This post shows you just how easy it is to do!
- Pour mozzarella and oil mixture into a shallow serving dish.
- Serve with crostini and enjoy!
If you want to let it go for longer, that’s totally fine too. I would not recommend marinating for longer than 24 hours, however as the balsamic vinegar in the mixture will begin to break down the cheese and it may compromise the texture.
If you choose to marinate the mozzarella for longer than an hour, I would recommend placing it in the fridge as it contains fresh garlic and parsley. Keep in mind that the olive oil will solidify as it sits in the fridge, so you’ll have to let it sit out at room temp for at least an hour before serving while the olive oil changes back to liquid form.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Italian/American
Keywords: marinated mozzarella recipe, mozzarella balls in olive oil, mozzarella appetizer