This 20 minute one pot mushroom stroganoff is a quick and easy vegetarian dinner that will have your family cleaning their plates and asking for seconds!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1.5 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 32 oz. vegetable stock
- 12 oz. uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Heat butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add thyme, sage and flour. Stir to combine and cook for about 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in white wine and scrape all those yummy bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add vegetable stock and egg noodles. Stir to combine.
- Turn the heat up and bring to a simmer.
- Lower heat and simmer over medium to low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and sherry.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and shaved Parmesan.
Keep a close eye on your noodles. Nothing ruins a pasta dish faster than overcooked pasta! Taste the noodles throughout the cooking process to make sure you pull the pan off the heat as soon as they’re cooked al dente.
Be sure to stir the pasta every few minutes while it’s simmering. This will ensure that the noodles don’t stick to the bottom of the pan and keep everything cooking evenly!
If you have picky eaters at home, this is a great meal for them because they can try a few bites of the mushrooms and if they don’t like them, they are large enough that they can pick them out! Alternatively, you could try mincing or finely dicing the mushroom too, which will give you all that great mushroom flavor, but will disguise them a bit and help them to cook down more.
Keywords: vegetarian stroganoff, mushroom pasta, 20 minute pasta