These roasted tomatoes are the tastiest summer appetizer you'll ever make! Loaded with creamy burrata cheese, drizzled with balsamic reduction and garnished with fresh basil - just grab a baguette and a bottle of wine and I'll meet you on the patio!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small baking dish combine tomatoes, garlic, oregano, and olive oil along with a pinch of salt. Toss to coat the tomatoes evenly.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and gently simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until it reduces by about half and it easily coats the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool.
- Remove roasted tomatoes from the oven and top with burrata. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve with sliced French baguette and enjoy!
You can serve this appetizer warm or at room temperature. Which means you can set it out at the beginning of the party and you don't have to worry about it again. The flavors gets even better as it sits at room temperature! I LOVE "set it and forget it" appetizers like this one!
Don't skip the balsamic reduction in this recipe! It doesn't take much effort to make - just a quick simmer on the stove - and it is going to add SO MUCH flavor to the dish! It's sweet and tangy and amazing and you're going to want to put it on everything after you try it!
If you have leftover roasted tomatoes, store them in the fridge for up to a week and add them to your favorite dishes. They'll taste great on a tomato crostini for lunch or tossed with your favorite pasta for dinner. You could even add them to your favorite pizza sauce or pasta sauce!
Also, make sure you save all the tasty juices from the bottom of the baking dish!! The juices at the bottom are going to be a combination of olive oil, balsamic reduction, tomato juices and oregano and it's seriously the best thing ever to dip your French baguette in. I basically just wanted to drink the juices at the bottom of this appetizer - which I realize sounds weird, but when you make this recipe you will understand!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted tomatoes and garlic, slow roasted tomatoes, roasted tomatoes cherry, roasted grape tomatoes,