A hearty pasta salad that could double as a main course served with a sliced baguette and a glass of red wine. This salad is loaded with veggies and meat and tossed in a simple red wine vinaigrette.
- 20 oz. cheese tortellini, cooked al dente according to package directions
- 1 (15 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- 1 cup salami slices, quartered
- 8 oz. smoked Gouda, cubed
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake until well combined.
- Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Pour remaining dressing over the salad just before serving. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Don’t overcook the pasta! The pasta will continue to soak up the dressing as the salad sits, so especially if you’ll be enjoying this salad a few hours or a day after you make it, just cook the pasta until al dente.
Feel free to switch up the ingredients based on your personal preferences! You could nix the olives and add more artichoke hearts or salami. You could add sun dried tomatoes instead of fresh. You could even add sopressata instead of regular salami. Customize this salad based on the flavors your family enjoys most!
If you’re making this salad ahead of time, (which I totally recomend by the way) just add half of the dressing initially. Then add the remaining dressing just before serving and toss to coat. This will ensure that your tortellini doesn’t get soggy but still has tons of flavor!
Keywords: tortellini pasta salad, Italian pasta salad, classic pasta salad