This soup is loaded with classic Mexican flavors of cumin and chili powder along with, black beans, kidney beans and pinto beans (because can you ever really have enough beans?!), peppers, onions, chicken breast and my secret ingredient – diced chiles in adobo.
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons diced chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pound, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- thinly sliced green onions
- Combine all ingredients except heavy cream in a large crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4 hours). Stir in cream and shred chicken with two forks.
- Garnish with Fritos, cheese, sour cream and green onion. Enjoy!
Keywords: easy, simple, quick, crock pot, healthy, recipe, meal prep, family, dinner, weeknight, meal