The Best Cheesy Quesadilla Recipe
In less than 10 minutes you can have this simple cheese quesadilla ready for a quick lunch or a family-favorite dinner.
- Author: Kylie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 fajita/soft taco size flour tortillas
- Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once it stops foaming, add one tortilla to the pan.
- Spread shredded cheese in an even layer all the way out to the edges.
- Top with remaining flour tortilla.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until a dark golden-brown crust forms.
- Remove quesadilla from pan and melt remaining butter in the pan.
- Flip quesadilla, add it back into the pan, and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes or until a dark golden-brown crust forms.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice the quesadilla in half and then in half again. Serve with Creamy Avocado Sauce and enjoy!
- Shred your own cheese! Pre-shredded cheese from the grocery store is coated in cellulose so that it doesn't clump together which also prevents it from melting well. Grate your own fresh cheese for the best flavor and texture!
- Serve with my homemade Creamy Avocado Sauce! Add just a few minutes to your prep time, and throw together my delicious 5 Minute Avocado Sauce - it's the perfect dip for your quesadilla!
- Spice it up! When you put the cheese on the tortilla, sprinkle with some chili powder, paprika, and cumin to add a little kick, or use your favorite taco seasoning.
- Scale this recipe to feed your family! This recipe makes just one quesadilla but you can double or triple the amounts of everything to make as many as you want! If you are looking to feed a crowd, check out my sheet pan baked quesadilla recipe which allows you to make several quesadillas all at one time!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 610
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 1347.7 mg
- Fat: 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 80.6 mg
Keywords: taco bell cheese quesadilla, chipotle cheese quesadilla