This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This creamy avocado sauce takes just a few minutes to prepare and will take your tacos, flautas, or tostadas to the next level! It's the perfect dipper for your oven baked fries and a great accompaniment for sheet pan quesadillas.
You'll Love This
- If you love avocado, you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this creamy sauce! It's like guacamole but a million times smoother and creamier! It's kind of like a lighter, tangier version of guac.
- It's possibly the most versatile sauce you'll find! It goes well with almost any Mexican dish you can think of - from tacos, to flautas, to tostadas - but it's also my favorite dipper for my easy oven baked fries and my favorite thing to schmear on my black bean burger. And honestly, sometimes I just grab a bag of tortilla chips and a bowl of this dip and call it dinner!
- It stays fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days AND doesn't turn brown! The lime juice in this sauce will prevent it from browning (like guacamole does) and when stored in an air tight container, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Just make sure you give it a quick stir before serving as the lime juice will start to separate a bit.
Process until well combined, smooth and creamy!
- Ripe avocados are a must. Just like when making guac, you want to find those perfectly ripe, slightly soft avocados for this recipe. Ripe avocados will give you the creamiest, dreamiest sauce ever.
- Squeeze your own fresh lime juice. Don't buy the bottled kind. You'll get more flavor from a fresh squeezed lime than one of those bottles of lime juice that's been sitting on the grocery store shelf. As the bottle lime juice sits on the shelf (for who knows how long) it loses a lot of it's flavor. Stick with fresh limes for this recipe!
- Season to taste with salt. I like to add a pinch of salt when adding the ingredients to the food processor. And then I taste it after it's all blended together and add a bit more salt. This ingredients in this sauce are SO simple that salt is going to go a long way to boost the flavors!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I make this avocado sauce vegan?
- Heck yeah you can! Just sub vegan sour cream or plain yogurt for the regular sour cream and bam - vegan avocado sauce!
- Can I make this ahead of time?
- Another big yes! This dip/sauce will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days. So feel free to throw it together when you have a free moment and enjoy it throughout the week!
- Can I make this sauce without a food processor?
- Sure! You just might have to work a little bit harder to get the avocados mashed so that they are velvety smooth and creamy but it's definitely possible! If you've got a potato masher that would be a great tool to use in this recipe instead of a food processor!
Make it a Meal
- Easy Ground Beef Flautas
- Crispy Oven Baked Fries
- Vegetarian Black Bean Burger
- Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Baked Fish Tacos
- Beer Braised Pork Carnitas
- Quinoa & Lentil Vegan Tacos