The most perfect baked fries ever! No fryer necessary, yet they’re still perfectly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice each potato lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices, then cut each slice into 1/2 inch wide sticks. So basically, cut the potatoes into french fries.
- Then add potatoes, oil, garlic powder, thyme and paprika to a large bowl. Add a couple generous pinches of salt and large pinch of pepper.
- Combine everything until seasoning is well distributed and fries are evenly coated.
- Spread fries in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the fries and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Then crank the heat to 500 and bake for 15 minutes. Flip fries and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Keywords: easy, simple, healthy, not fried, quick, french fry, recipe